Frequently Asked Questions

Criminal Defense in Norfolk

It is not uncommon for individuals to face questions after an arrest. Many times, people feel frustrated and worried about what their future may hold. By retaining the help of our firm, you may be able to work toward a positive outcome.

  • What happens if I am convicted of a sex crime? - Sex crimes can be incredibly serious and are often prosecuted very heavily. Without proper defense, you may be facing life as a convicted sex criminal. After a conviction, you will need to spend the rest of your life registering as an offender. The sex offender registry is a public registry and information such as your name, location and crime will be made public.
  • Will a criminal conviction stay on my record? - Yes. Misdemeanors and felonies alike will stay on your record. With the guidance of an attorney, however, you may be able to have your charges reduced or dropped. If you are convicted, you may be able to expunge your records in the future, thus removing evidence that you were tried at all.
  • What are the consequences of a DUI? - Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can have serious consequences. First time offenders can see their license revoked, minimum jail sentencing and fines. With each consecutive offense thereafter, the consequences will increase. Multiple offenders may have their license revoked for up to three years and spend up to 90 days in jail.
  • Can I defend myself against domestic violence charges? - Yes! Although police will be quick to arrest you on domestic violence charges, you may be able to challenge evidence used against you with the help of an attorney from our firm. We will investigate every aspect of your arrest and ensure that you were treated in a fair and just manner. If your rights were violated in any way, we will quickly use that to defend you against your charges.

If you find yourself facing the Virginia criminal justice system and have questions about your situation, do not hesitate to contact our team at Curcione Law, PLC today to schedule a case evaluation.